Saturday, May 10, 2008

Blog 9

Blog 9
All I want to say this week is a few things,...

. I am actually keeping up with some of my commitments I made earlier in the year, like not letting the water run when I shave and when going to home depot, encouraging my mother to buy biodegradable pots for the plants to save on the plastic. I find myself saving my garbage until I find a suitable place for it instead of leaving it just anywhere, not to say I threw it anywhere before, but you get the picture.
. I am completely frustrated with myself and feel overwhelmed with what I am supposed to take on for this paper. When I did the draft I wanted to take on three topics, A. the reason for the racism that has existed in New Orleans for so long, B. The possible reasons for the slow aid for the victims of Katrina by local and state. C. Possible solutions, so that this could never happen again. When I re-read my draft I was only reporting on the cause of the racism nothing about the aid and only little bit on possible solutions.
. I have found this paper harder than I expected it to be, not to say I can’t complete the paper to the best grade possible. I also find myself with a midterm crisis with all my other classes , as I feel Like I am drowning, anyway I am just venting.

P.S.
If you are a coffee person, save your coffee grounds for your plants because it provides nitrates for your plants that they can flourish on.....works for you and the environment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

Remember that the 1st draft is just that...the first draft and not the completed paper. You have sometime to change and correct all or parts of the 1st draft. Don't fustrate yourself. If you do lots of research on your topic, you should be able to put together a well informed assignment.

Good Luck

The World said...

Hey Brandon!!!

Don’t worry you are not alone on this… I am sure that more one of us feel in the same way you do… I am also facing problems with this paper, I feel that I have gathered so much info that now I am afraid to leave out something important… Well, I guess this is the “beauty” of writing…

Doctor X said...

Thanks for the tips on the coffee grounds!

And remeber that writing something long like this is easier if you write one bit ata a time. Try to write one good page a day and you will be fine.

Fidel-T said...

The Part about the slow aid after Katrina seems very interesting to me. It is surprising that the most powerful nation in the world could not mobilize supplies after such disaster. Of course maybe the reason was that the people that were dying were not as important to president Bush. Anyways, good topic and good luck.

Fidel-T said...

P.S. Coffee also serves as an exfoliator. Also you can massage it on your skin and it can help to get rid of cellulite. `