Monday, May 26, 2008

Blog 11

From reading the "The Basics," "Home" and the one of my choice "School." I have decided that this is my list of the 5 things I can do towards the 5 that I least can do:

shaving:
As I already do it already, I don't try to let the water run

light bulbs:
This should be 1st thing anybody really comes up with that they can do because it litterally replces a product and serves the same exact service.

water filters:
I do it already, and the water tastes just as good as any other.

pens:
I started to this when I bought school supplies for the "G-2 pens" that I use, but what I found out was, at the staples I went, the refills ended up costing more than the actual pens themselves...which is plain stupid.

schoolbooks:
I do it because of the money mostly, but it also won't be collecting up dust siiting around in my closet.

Least able to do:

Temperature: The house is kep relatively which is what I'm used too but to turn it down any further, is something I may have trouble with.

plastic: I do not know how we could really get around this, it is mass produced on an exceptional scale. The industry would have to be forced to go make to glass like it was. I do whaht I can with recycling but..

carpooling: I drive with other people to the club or get together that I know everyone is going too, but other than that, solo is way I go usually. Train is ok. by me though.

Storage containers: plastic is so manageable, it contains the item you want saved and does not break, the containers suggested are heavy and breakable.

Trash bags: I find this a bit hard because some of the bags may have a whol in them causing stuff to leak out of it if it is a reused bag.

2 comments:

rlouisaire said...

so true for most except the lights. I bought and they popped on me

christina said...

carpooling is good but mta transit is the way to go not just cuz it saves and helps the enviroment but it gets you to your destination faster also. i live taking the mta..