Tuesday, November 4, 2008

LRC 103 Class Blog

The poems I read were “Escape”, “Playmates” and “Forbidden Fruit II” . Reading from the screen was ok with me, if not better because I can control the size of the font by increasing the screen size with ctrl + and -. I wonder though how it will affect my eyes because I have heard the computer gives you eye strain. The Google search has accommodated the search possibility of people want to omit words or look for a specific word or phrase. They even out in whether you want t see only the ones with the limited previews which is a bonus. The ads were not distracting at all and did not even see them until mentioned in the question, which I found amusing. I as well liked the pictures they came up with because it Cuny+ is confusing to the point that a student or person who is not familiar with it, may be confused because they have the links, “Reserve” and ”Electronic Reserve” which could mean different things completely. The Cuny search layout is ok, but they should of chose different colors because the dark blue and orange is not working, at least to me anyway. The Cuny search system is effective to the point of Google but the amount of books it covers is limited to the Cuny system, the positive it has over Google is that a student can physically get the book, which is not really a plus because the content is much more important that the book. The Google search is actually more effective, and I thought this because it is way more detail oriented by means of certain word count and omitting.

No comments: