Tuesday, November 18, 2008

RSS, Blogs and Social Work

With the invention of new informational ways people get their info, three stand-out, RSS, Blogs and Delicious. I think RSS is the most easiest to use. I mean what is there to do, you hook up the link to the Google Reader and the stuff shows up and is right there to be clicked on or just casually read. I will be using this method from now on to get my information. I like it, but it also makes me think, Google is getting way to big of a monopoly. It is good and all but it makes me think that they control too much not enough free will going around to the others, but I guess it is on the others, not Google. Anyway, I will be using the RSS links on other pages, but am definitely going to use the Delicious search for when I search about Fantasy football insights or stuff about my mother’s plants, or which pet to get. I will try to shy away from Blogs because I honestly do not like them, barely look at mine and I try to keep up with. I only keep up with it to let me know where I have come from, for me it is like a public online journal that tells a little bit about me. I would not want to read that about someone else unless I am interested in them, like a girlfriend or family member. I like the Delicious idea tremendously because it is a link to someone who really cares about what they are talking about, with that comes authenticity of the topic. If I want to learn about body building and looked it up on there I would find a person who had his own experience and what they have found out on the web or other wise to back-up what they did. I know a blog does it but that is too personal, I want something that gives links and possibly cares about credibility.

No comments: