Sunday, March 30, 2008

blog 4- environmentalism of the spirit

. Well this weeks blog is something I have been thinking about for the past week, ways that I help myself while at the same time helping my fellow man. There was an example of such a thing in the lunch room on friday between classes, I went to the lunch room and there were three people waiting for one microwave, I proceeded to go on the line behind them. Another person who was not online comes into the picture and obviously knows two out of the three people in front of me, she proceeds to cut in front of me without even batting an eye towards me. I took offense to that and called her out on it. I said that there are people waiting that were hear before her and it is only fair. She proceeds to think she did the right thing, because she doesn't apolgize, only helping out herself and showing no consideration. She really thought no one else would care.

. This is how the whole world thinks in a way, that the world is this microwave and has all these resources. Everyone needs their turn including the generations that come after. It's a shame, everyone should be considerate of others and it will be returned.

. I was going home last night and saw a kid messing with the turnstile for the subway and another pedestrain was coming into the train station. The bars are about to turn with the child in front of it I could not believe my eyes and quickly called to the pedestrian to stop for a second,... removing the child. I took it upon myself to tell him that playing in strange places like this is unaccptable (insert stern voice here), The mother was actually thankful I did that because another person saying exactly what she has been saying is proper reinforcement. I believe we are disconnected with another.

. Question on position B) in the story of Noah, God directs Noah to take into the ark at least two of every living species to save them from the Flood. Therefore, humankind's role is to preserve as much of God's creation as we can.

. I believe this to be true because Man's role is to protect all of mankind, to be there for mankind. If Mankind's role is to be the supreme being than it comes with the responsibility and should notbe used to kill every little living thing beneath you. If people have the ability to change our genetics of animals and fight diseases then we should whenever capable.

2 comments:

Doctor X said...

I love the metaphor about the microwave and everyone trying to skip place to use it. The question is "Who cleans the microwave after we have been using for millenia?"

playablue said...

Either I do, we do or it's going to be on the fritz.