Saturday, March 15, 2008

Blog 2- Discovery Week

I am answering question three
At any given moment an advertisement or radio message comes to my attention. The message is a new technology is going to make my life easier but all it does is make me a person stuck in a cycle. I do watch TV and way too much of it. Other than that I am not really into much else so I figured the others need not apply. I only search the web or actively on it to check my mail, a few web sites, but I am not a myspace.com hound, but I do have one. In total maybe 20 hrs. a week on TV, 5 Hours on internet. My whole feeling is, if I do not talk to you other than myspace, then you sere never really were a friend to begin with. People are getting to the point where they can’t even pick up the phone and dial their friends number because they did not remember it (because they always pressed the #3 then send to dial, from their cell ) so there was no need to know it. This is reason I have refused to get a sidekick, well because it leads to more anti-social behavior that I find utterly unappealing, if people would want to interact with one another it’s harder, because there is no direct contact. No mutual touch or eye stimulation from one another. So we fall harder for the cycle that these corporations have put on our lives, weighing us down. I for one am cutting back or cutting out all who put a slag on my life, coming back on my daily doses of the "Rob and Big" show on MTV or turning down the radio of a song that is force fed to us by the music industry to read a book, because it feels better to crack open a good book.

P.S.
Now maybe, ....the last part was a bit cheesy or cliche but I truly feel that way.

__________________________________

http://news.aol.com/health/story/ar/_a/air-too-dirty-to-breathe-in-345-counties/20080313094209990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

This article kind of shocked me when I read it and then soon after I was watching the news and Stephen Johnson, the EPA commissioner is an idiot if he thinks that global warming has nothing to do with this.

3 comments:

Doctor X said...

Interesting piece of news--we ARE living in scary times.

And, do you realize the 25 hours a week of TV/internet is about the hours of a part-time job?

Jocelyn Perez said...

well, well, well=) seriously, your personality oozes from your writing!I really like the way you express your ideas with such enthusiasm.I commend you for stepping out of the box big corporations have been trying to stuff us in all these years. You make valid, interesting points and they are adequately supported.
As for format, you do have paragraph breaks although not indented (i have the same prob too), but I know the professor will tell us how to fix that. The link to the article and a brief response to how you feel about the issue, was a nice touch.=)
The black background and text was perfectly fine to read,but you do not have an About Me (although your Blog 1 serves as ur description =))oh, and you seem to be missing a link or two.
Jocelyn =) see u in class
p.s.can't wait to read more =)

Fidel-T said...

I like that you included a link to that article; it was interesting. Maybe, it would be cool if you developed your ideas a little more. You do give examples though, so that's good. As far as format, i think that though the black background looks a little scary, you can use it to your advantage. Perhaps you can add scary pictures of the environment in your blog, and that would create sort of like a theme in your blog.